About Northbase Finance:
Northbase Finance Inc. (“Northbase” or the “Company”) is a privately held specialty finance company. We leverage capital from our financing partners to provide customized flexible financing solutions to our client base across North America. Northbase provides equipment financing for essential operating assets in the form of new equipment leases, asset sale-leasebacks, rentals, and outright asset sales.
The Northbase team, together with its strategic partners, consists of highly skilled and experienced industry experts, investment professionals, and gas compression and processing specialists. The Company has grown rapidly since inception and is well capitalized to continue its expansion through 2022 and beyond.
We are a small group of like-minded individuals, that are highly driven to succeed in this niche finance space.
Senior Analyst – Job Summary:
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our team to support the Company’s expanding platform and play a vital role in the continued growth and success of our business.
What makes the Senior Analyst role exciting is that you will support execution of our strategic plan, while gaining valuable experience and exposure to accelerate your career. The Senior Analyst will have direct access to the executive team and investment committee of Northbase providing unique exposure related to corporate operations and transaction analysis.
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will be based in the Calgary office and will also work closely with the Vice President and support the CEO, as required.
To succeed in this role, you must have strong communication skills, be highly motivated and focused, and pay high attention to detail and accuracy. Your ability to work independently as well as on a team, using your strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities, will serve you well in this highly visible role.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to carry out and manage the daily, monthly and annual accounting and treasury operations, and to provide support for financial planning and decision support activities. This will include building and maintaining financial models, performing scenario analysis, and preparing presentations for the leadership team, investment committee and the Board.
The successful candidate will also support corporate and business development initiatives, including gathering and upkeeping industry research, conducting analysis of current customers’ and prospective counterparties’ financial positions, supporting due diligence activities, preparing investment committee memos, as well as supporting the review of transaction documents and the underwriting process.
- Carry out and manage the day-to-day accounting and treasury activities.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial results and prepare management reporting.
- Monitor and maintain accounts receivable and payable records.
- Prepare and analyze daily cash position and rolling cash flow forecasts.
- Support the interim and year-end audits and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Contribute to and support new system and process implementations from a strategic finance and internal control perspective.
- Interpret IFRS pronouncements, advise on their impact, recommend process and reporting changes, as required.
- Support set up of new financing facilities and oversight of covenant compliance.
- Maintain, enhance and create corporate models, provide real-time updates on and trend analysis of the Company’s financial position, covenants, capitalization, growth trajectory, and historical results.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for senior leadership and the Board.
- Distil and synthesize data and analysis into audience-specific reports and presentations.
- Research, analyze and provide updates on industry-related news and emerging trends.
- Support the business development team in their analysis and due diligence processes, and assist in development of investment committee memos.
- Support review, analysis, and benchmarking of legal documentation, including term sheets and commercial agreements.
- Support the execution of underwriting procedures and ongoing compliance with reporting covenants.
Skills & Abilities:
As the Senior Analyst, you:
- Are a team player with a company-wide perspective.
- Are a highly motivated, self-starter.
- Have proven critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Possess strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Are detail oriented.
- Have high quality organizational, time management and prioritization skills, including ability to prioritize work and meet timelines in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Apply quantitative analysis techniques and judgement to develop well-reasoned recommendations and communicate them effectively.
- Are highly accomplished in the development and maintenance of complex financial/predictive and valuation models, including scenario analysis.
- Are able to interpret legal documentation and translate key terms into financial models.
- Work with sensitive and confidential information.
Education & Experience:
- University Degree – Business, Accounting or Economics.
- CPA or CFA designation (or near completion).
- 3+ years of work experience in a finance, decision support or FP&A function.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Canadian and U.S. taxes is an asset.
What’s in it for you:
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a base salary, commensurate with successful candidate’s qualifications and experience, and participation in the Company’s bonus pool based on corporate and individual performance. Annual vacation allotment for this role is three (3) weeks.
Competitive benefits include:
- Life and Disability
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Health spending account
Northbase welcomes all qualified applicants to send a resume and cover letter to HR@northbasefinance.com